Consumer Complaint Management Policy and Procedure
The goal of this policy is to deliver a great consumer experience and enhance consumer satisfaction while resolving consumer complaints in a timely manner and in compliance with our client's complaint management requirements. In addition, the policy will assist Hightide in collecting valuable information regarding the consumer's experience that will assist in the identification of potential opportunities for enhancement, as well as potential risks for our organization, our client's organization and their clients.
- Consumer. An individual or an agent, trustee, or representative acting on behalf of an individual.
- Consumer Complaint ("Complaint"). When a consumer, whether an individual or group, expresses dissatisfaction with products, services and/or business practices, regardless of whether such dissatisfaction is expressed verbally, in writing or by electronic or other means.
C. Procedures for Consumer Complaints
Hightide will follow the procedure below for receiving and capturing all Complaints related to Hightide and the client:
Complaint received either by mail, email or call.
- Complaint is forwarded to the REO Closing Manager, who performs the investigation of the complaint, then logs the complaint on the Consumer Complaint Log.
- If the REO Closing Manager is not available, the person receiving the complaint will use the Consumer Complaint Intake form.
- REO Closing Manager contacts the Consumer within 48 hours to resolve any issues associated with the Consumer's Complaint, if possible.
D. Issue Resolution
- REO Closing Manager manages the issue through resolution
- Resolution is documented by the REO Closing Manager on the Consumer Complaint Log.
E. Consumer Complaint Oversight
The REO Closing Manager is responsible for:
- Supervising the entire Consumer Complaint Process;
- Managing time requirements for addressing Consumer Complaints and escalations are met;
- Administering and maintaining the Complaint Log;
- Administering and maintaining the Consumer Complaint files in an orderly and professional manner, including but not limited to:
- Consumer Complaint Log;
- All correspondence related to the Consumer Complaint; and
- All supporting documentation related to the Consumer Complaint.
- Investigating the nature of the Consumer Complaint, including but not limited to:
- Collecting information concerning the Consumer Complaint from all appropriate parties; and
- Pursuing the best possible resolution for the Consumer Complaint with the Consumer, if appropriate.
- Informing the Company's Compliance Committee of the status of filed, resolved and unresolved complaints on a monthly basis, or as needed.
- Hightide will prepare a monthly report, using the Consumer Complaint Log, including all complaints received in the last reporting period, their status, and the actions taken on each.
- The report for each reporting period should be completed by the 10th day of the month immediately following such reporting period.
G. Monitoring/Governance Policy
For all employees who may receive a consumer complaint, it is important that:
- The employee understands the complaint definition, and is properly identifying consumer complaints defined by that definition;
- The employee is escalating the complaint appropriately
The complaint process will be monitored on a monthly basis to ensure compliance. The monitoring process may include random audits of phone calls, reviews of email transcripts, side by side coaching during live calls, etc.
The monitoring procedures include a monthly review of complaints by the Compliance Committee to ensure that the proper steps are being followed after a complaint has been received to ensure complaints are properly being identified, as well as being responded to and resolved appropriately.
- Training on the complaint management process will be provided to all employees.
- Training will be provided at new hire orientation, and on an as needed basis.